Leadership & Consulting Team
President & CEO, Director
- Prior to being appointed President & CEO of Global Energy Metals, Mr. Smith held increasingly senior capital market positions through his involvement with various mining groups including Global Cobalt Corp, International Barytex Resources and Petaquilla Copper Ltd.
- Accomplished executive and business development professional with deep experience and proven success developing and executing on corporate strategies, marketing relationships and maximizing business opportunities for long-term engagement and strategic relationships.
- Profound understanding of the natural resources sector, capital markets and current market trends.
- Early adopter and thought leader in the battery space recognizing the proliferation and mainstream appetite for handheld smart devices, mobile phones and EVs and the critical role the metals associated with the market play.
- Negotiated and structured off-take agreements for cobalt material and built relationships with Chinese battery manufacturer intermediaries and facilitated commerce by arranging joint ventures, marketing and engineering and procurement construction contracts.
- Mr. Smith is also a director of TSXV listed Sceptre Ventures (SVP) and NEX listed Panther Metals (Palm).
Chief Financial Officer
- Mr. Hadic brings more than 10 years of accounting experience across various sectors including, technology, mineral exploration and mining and manufacturing industries focusing on financial reporting, regulatory compliance, internal control and corporate finance activities.
- Mr. Hadic has held CFO and controller positions with several private and public companies and worked as a corporate financial consultant.
- Mr. Hadic has also worked in the banking sector for over five years.
- In 1997, Mr. Hadic concluded his studies at the University of Uruguay in the Faculty of Marketing and Sales.
QP & Director
- Mr. Sarjeant, P. Geo, has extensive exploration, project evaluation and acquisition experience both in Canada and internationally and has managed several junior resource companies.
- Mr. Sarjeant began his career with Echo Bay Mines Ltd. as a project geologist working on projects in the NWT, Archean greenstone belts, Lupin Mine peripheral project, and skarn properties in BC and Ecuador.
- He was appointed Senior Geologist, International Exploration Group, responsible for project evaluation outside of North America, including precious and base metals projects in South America, East Africa, South East Asia, Russia, Mongolia, Australia, New Zealand and Europe.
- 30 years entrepreneurial experience managing companies from early stage development to multi-million dollar NASDAQ listed companies on both the operations and corporate levels.
- Managed a national sales force in excess of 200 salespeople for a national Telecom Provider while at the same time implementing national consumer marketing and initiatives.
- Key involvement with LML Payment Systems (a NASDAQ listed company) that was sold for $110M in first quarter of 2013.
- Has participated in numerous M&A transactions as well as subsequent integration, utilization and marketing activities.
- Mr. Abbott has 12 years of corporate experience with Telus, with involvement in business sales, operations and team management and responsibility for multi- million dollar transactions.
- In-depth experience with long-cycle corporate deal development and complex relationship management.
- Involvement with several public companies in business and corporate development (both strategic and financial), operations management and shareholders relations activities.
- Key member of team responsible for consolidating and finalizing the Salares Lithium property package into the publicly listed company that became Talison Lithium. Talison Lithium was acquired for over $750M in the first quarter 2013.
Project Development Manager
Throughout his career, Mr. Strong has developed an in-depth understanding of the mineral exploration industry. His wealth of exploration and resource geology experience positions Tim to partake in all levels of the exploration value chain, from project generation through to resource definition. Tim is an exploration professional with over 10 years experience in design, implementation and management of gold and base metal exploration projects in 11 countries spanning 4 continents.
Tim holds a BSc (Hons) in Applied Geology from the Camborne School of Mines (UK) and is a current MBA candidate at the University of Dundee.
Tim experience spans high-level project management, including program design and implementation, technical reporting, land management, community engagement, and corporate disclosure. He has provided technical oversight for various level of technical studies and has setup and monitored complex programs for various commodities including cobalt, nickel, copper and precious metals.