Leadership & Consulting Team
President & CEO, Director
- Mitchell Smith is the Founder, CEO and Director of Global Energy Metals Corp. (TSXV:GEMC | OTCQB:GBLEF).
- Mitchell is Director of the Battery Metal Association of Canada, a trade organization of entrepreneurs, explorers, developers and producers of battery metals and materials, who have joined together to support a rapidly changing energy landscape leading an effort to ensure Canada fully captures the abundant economic potential of its massive resources through the responsible and sustainable growth of Canada’s battery metals supply chain.
- Mitchell is an important stakeholder and board member for several private and public natural resource companies having over 15 years of executive leadership, entrepreneurship and capital markets experience at all stages of the junior mining lifecycle, and is experienced with start-ups and mature companies in diverse industries both private and public.
- Through his network, knowledge and passion for the natural resource space is presently leveraging his unique skills to enable and strengthen awareness around the battery and energy metals sector.
- His experience and strong understanding of the battery supply chain has resulted in successfully identifying and negotiating the acquisition of multi-jurisdictional mining exploration and development projects in North America, Europe, and Australia.
- Through his network of strong international relationships, Mitchell was responsible for establishing off- take and EPC contracts with leading specialized lithium-ion battery cathode material companies that are suppliers to some of the world’s largest battery manufacturers.
- Mitchell has given keynote speeches on cobalt, battery metals, energy storage, renewable energy and critical mineral supply chain security issues at events hosted by Cobalt Institute, CRU, Metal Bulletin, FastMarkets, the and Benchmark Mineral Intelligence. He is often invited to speak at other mining industry conferences including Mines and Money, Cambridge House and the PDAC.
- Mitchell has been quoted in The Wall Street Journal, The Financial Times, Bloomberg, Reuters and other notable news sources where he provided insight to the critical role that cobalt and battery materials play in the global shift towards a lower-carbon economy.
- Mitchell ranked fourth globally in 2020 as the top ten most influential people and companies in the battery minerals sector on social media.
Chief Financial Officer
- Mr. Hadic brings more than 10 years of accounting experience across various sectors including, technology, mineral exploration and mining and manufacturing industries focusing on financial reporting, regulatory compliance, internal control and corporate finance activities.
- Mr. Hadic has held CFO and controller positions with several private and public companies and worked as a corporate financial consultant.
- Mr. Hadic has also worked in the banking sector for over five years.
- In 1997, Mr. Hadic concluded his studies at the University of Uruguay in the Faculty of Marketing and Sales.
QP & Director
- Mr. Sarjeant, P. Geo, has extensive exploration, project evaluation and acquisition experience both in Canada and internationally and has managed several junior resource companies.
- Mr. Sarjeant began his career with Echo Bay Mines Ltd. as a project geologist working on projects in the NWT, Archean greenstone belts, Lupin Mine peripheral project, and skarn properties in BC and Ecuador.
- He was appointed Senior Geologist, International Exploration Group, responsible for project evaluation outside of North America, including precious and base metals projects in South America, East Africa, South East Asia, Russia, Mongolia, Australia, New Zealand and Europe.
- 30 years entrepreneurial experience managing companies from early stage development to multi-million dollar NASDAQ listed companies on both the operations and corporate levels.
- Managed a national sales force in excess of 200 salespeople for a national Telecom Provider while at the same time implementing national consumer marketing and initiatives.
- Key involvement with LML Payment Systems (a NASDAQ listed company) that was sold for $110M in first quarter of 2013.
- Has participated in numerous M&A transactions as well as subsequent integration, utilization and marketing activities.
- Mr. Abbott has 12 years of corporate experience with Telus, with involvement in business sales, operations and team management and responsibility for multi- million dollar transactions.
- In-depth experience with long-cycle corporate deal development and complex relationship management.
- Involvement with several public companies in business and corporate development (both strategic and financial), operations management and shareholders relations activities.
- Key member of team responsible for consolidating and finalizing the Salares Lithium property package into the publicly listed company that became Talison Lithium. Talison Lithium was acquired for over $750M in the first quarter 2013.
Project Development Strategic Advisor
Throughout his career, Mr. Strong has developed an in-depth understanding of the mineral exploration industry. His wealth of exploration and resource geology experience positions Tim to partake in all levels of the exploration value chain, from project generation through to resource definition. Tim is an exploration professional with over 10 years experience in design, implementation and management of gold and base metal exploration projects in 11 countries spanning 4 continents.
Tim holds a BSc (Hons) in Applied Geology from the Camborne School of Mines (UK) and is a current MBA candidate at the University of Dundee.
Tim experience spans high-level project management, including program design and implementation, technical reporting, land management, community engagement, and corporate disclosure. He has provided technical oversight for various level of technical studies and has setup and monitored complex programs for various commodities including cobalt, nickel, copper and precious metals.