VANCOUVER, BC / TNW-ACCESSWIRE / MARCH 3, 2016 / GLOBAL ENERGY METALS CORP. ( “ Global Energy ” and/or the "Company") is pleased to announce that it has engaged various leaders in the battery metals market as partners to compliment its leadership team execute on the Company’s business model of becoming a battery minerals project bank.
Global Energy Metals will add value for our shareholders by identifying, evaluating and entering into acquisition and financial agreements with strategic and financial investors, downstream end-users and battery material intermediaries that can work with our team on delivering a valuable project in our battery minerals project portfolio.
Mitchell Smith, President and CEO commented:
“We are pleased to have engaged these partners to compliment our leadership team. Collectively, this group’s reputation is first rate and they have the worldwide network of contacts to assist us in strategic and financial roles to evaluate opportunities available to the energy metals bank model. With our partner’s expertise in handling transactions globally, we firmly believe they will effectively assist in unlocking the true value of the newly launched Global Energy for the substantial benefit of all our shareholders.”
Global Energy’s latest partners bring a wealth of expertise in the energy and battery metals industry and are all leaders that are shaping the sector’s future. They include:
Chris Berry – House Mountain Partners
- Chris is a well-known writer, speaker, and analyst with a focus on energy metals supply chains, specializing in lithium, cobalt, and graphite.
- He is the co-author of a newsletter focused on discovery called The Disruptive Discoveries Journal.
- He was a member of a group, which co-founded The Discovery Investing Scoreboard, a program designed to use crowd sourced information to rank equities of various market capitalizations.
- Chris spent 15 years working across various roles in sales and brokerage on Wall Street before devoting his efforts towards macro economic and natural resource analysis.
- He holds an MBA in Finance with an international focus from Fordham University, and a BA in International Studies from The Virginia Military Institute.
Stormcrow Capital – Jon Hykawy and Tom Chudnovsky
- Stormcrow Capital is a Toronto based research, consulting, and capital markets firm, which focuses heavily on niche industrial materials that are critical in energy and technology applications.
- The principals at Stormcrow bring deep technical and market expertise in lithium, cobalt, graphite, tin, and others.
- As former senior members of various investment banking institutions, the principals also bring a strong professional, client and strategic network, which will be critical in helping Global Energy Metals achieve its long term objectives.
Jon Hykawy, PhD (Physics), MBA
- 15+ years of capital markets experience as Senior Analyst or Head of Research at independent Toronto investment banks
- Chalk River Nuclear Laboratory of AECL
- Sudbury Neutrino Observatory
- 10 years of Investment Banking, Institutional Sales, and Institutional Agency Trading experience
- Tom's past capital markets experience include being VP, Investment Banking at Byron Capital Markets, VP, Institutional Equity Sales at Byron Capital Markets, Institutional Equity Trader at Blackmont Capital and Institutional Equity Trader at Clarus Securities Inc.
James Gilbert – Senior Mining Executive
- Jim has 20+ years of mining and metals investment, financing and transaction expertise, acquired in advisory, executive leadership and governance roles in both publicly-listed and private companies.
- His experience includes the structuring, negotiation and closing of base and precious metals project financing transactions, for single and multi-sponsor projects totalling billions of dollars, as well as the underlying joint venture arrangements among project sponsors -- including strategic partners and offtakers.
- He has also executed corporate and asset level mergers and acquisition transactions involving mining companies and projects in North America, Latin America, Europe and Africa.
- Jim has held senior level positions with First Point Minerals Corp., Minera S.A, Gerald Metals Inc. and Rothschild’s mining and metals investment banking group.
Wei Qian – New Tigers Consulting Limited
· Excellent Chinese battery market sector relationships.
- New Tigers Consulting Limited and Wei Qian have negotiated and executed offtake and financial arrangements for various resource focused groups.
- Works with a strong network of battery metals companies and professionals in Beijing, Greater Shanghai area, Shenzhen, Australia, Canada, Ireland and the USA.
- Since 1997, he has provided international trade, business and market strategy has built a reputation for outstanding results across a range of services specially tailored to foreign investment and company formation in China.
Erin Chutter, Executive Chairperson of Global Energy, commented:
"The team welcomes the announcement of these strategic partners who have been working with our team over the past weeks and month. As we build the company through aggregating battery metal projects, this group will provide critical insight, experience and relationships, and allow Global Energy seize significant market opportunities within the battery metals space. I look forward to working with these gentlemen, leveraging their leadership skills and extensive knowledge in this specialized field."
Global Energy Metals Corporation:
Global Energy Metals is an aggregator of cobalt, lithium, graphite and other battery metals projects, creating an asset bank to ultimately supply market demand for the growing rechargeable battery market. The Company is a pre-IPO reporting issuer that anticipates growing its business by acquiring project stakes in battery metals related projects with key strategic partners.
For Further Information:
President & CEO
#1501-128 West Pender Street
Vancouver, BC, V6B 1R8
t. + 1 (604) 688-4219
Cautionary Statement on Forward-Looking Information:
Certain information in this release may constitute forward-looking statements under applicable securities laws and necessarily involve risks associated with regulatory approvals and timelines. Although Global Energy Metals believes the expectations expressed in such forward-looking statements are based on reasonable assumptions, such statements are not guarantees of future performance and actual results or developments may differ materially from those in the forward-looking statements. For more information on Global Energy and the risks and challenges of their businesses, investors should review the Circular and their annual filings that are available at http://www.sedar.com/.
Neither the TSX Venture Exchange nor its Regulation Services Provider (as that term is defined in the policies of the TSX Venture Exchange) accepts responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this news release.
We seek safe harbour.