VANCOUVER, BC / TNW-ACCESSWIRE / MARCH 7, 2016 / GLOBAL ENERGY METALS CORP. ( “ Global Energy ” and/or the "Company") is pleased to announce it’s global Board of Directors and corporate team that will direct operations of the Company’s business model of becoming a battery minerals bank.
The Board of Directors of Global Energy will include:
- Erin Chutter - Executive Chairperson & Director
- Ray Castelli - Director
- Gaston Reymenants - Director
- Peter Reynolds - Director
- Paul Sarjeant - Director
The full corporate team will be composed of the following individuals:
- Mitchell Smith - President & CEO
- Paul Sarjeant - VP Projects
- Jaime Stallwood - Corporate Development
- Graham Abbott - Corporate Development
- Luis Hadic - Controller
Global Energy’s Board Executive Chairperson, Erin Chutter, commented:
"These individuals are an excellent complement to the company’s skill set, bringing demonstrated and relevant industry experience and strategic acumen to the table. We believe their combined experience will further support our strategy to deliver value to our stakeholders through governance, operational excellence, and strategic execution."
Ms. Erin Chutter, Executive Chairperson, Director
- Founder of Puget Ventures, and previous Officer/Director of Global Cobalt and consultant for Platinum Group Metals, Mag Silver, West Timmins Mining.
- Expertise in management, finance, M&A, strategy and operations.
- From 1992-2001, Ms. Chutter held various positions for federal and provincial government officials, including the Leader of the Federal Opposition, Minister of Indian Affairs and Minister of Defence.
- Ms. Chutter sits on the Boards of the Canadian Taxpayer's Federation and the MacDonald Laurier Institute, and is the Chair of the Canada Eurasian Russia Business Association, Vancouver Chapter.
- Ms. Chutter is a director of Khot Infrastructure Holdings Ltd., a CSE listed infrastructure company, a director of Sceptre Ventures Inc., a capital pool company, and a former director of NioCorp Development Inc., a TSX listed mining company.
- Ms. Chutter was recognized with a 2011 Business in Vancouver “Top 40 Under 40” achievement award.
Mr. Ray Castelli, Director
- Mr. Castelli was appointed CEO of Weatherhaven, one of the world's leading manufacturers of redeploy able camps and shelter systems, in January 2008.
- Weatherhaven has grown to become a key supplier to the Canadian, US, Australian and NATO armed forces, numerous resource exploration companies as well as the United Nations and other disaster and humanitarian relief agencies.
- Mr. Castelli was co-founder and Senior Vice President of Quadrem, a Dallas-based global supply chain and e-procurement company, serving 19 of the world's largest natural resource companies, including Rio Tinto, BHP Billiton, Alcan and Inco. His role was to build the global organization and product set for this e-business pioneer.
- Mr. Castelli joined Alcan in 1995 following business school in Europe. He was promoted to Alcan's Montreal headquarters in 1997 as Director of Strategic Planning.
Mr. Gaston Reymenants, Director
- Mr. Reymenants has held a distinguished career in mining, smelting, refining and metal trading spans over forty years, during which, he was also responsible for the financing of several off-take projects in Australia, China and the Americas.
- He has served over 20 years with Falconbridge International in various managerial positions and was part of the joint venture with Norilsk Kombinat.
- Mr. Reymenants was the managing director of Kola International Murmansk, and held director and/or senior managerial positions with several companies with cobalt assets including Baja Mining, Polymet Mining and KCM.
- Mr. Reymenants’ wealth of knowledge in the cobalt and industrial metals sectors will prove an excellent resource to Global Energy Metals.
Mr. Peter Reynolds, Director
- Mr. Reynolds has been engaged by EBRD to carry out reviews of EBRD's investments for several projects in Mongolia, Central Asia and Russia and was previously the EBRD's nominated Director on the Board of IMHL.
- Mr. Reynolds holds professional designations with the Australasian Institute of Mining and Metallurgy, Canadian Institute of Mining and the Australian Institute of Company Directors.
- He has over 45 years experience in the minerals industry, with high-level experience at various mines including being formerly Manager of Operations Planning & Mine Projects/Manager Mine Business Improvement for BHPBilliton at Olympic Dam, Managing Director of ASX listed Marlborough Resources, Director of ASX listed Outback Metals and manager of several of Normandy Mining’s operations.
Mr. Paul Sarjeant, P.Geo, VP Projects, Director
- Mr. Sarjeant, P. Geo, has extensive exploration, project evaluation and acquisition experience both in Canada and internationally and has developed a solid background in company management through various executive management positions with several publicly traded junior resource companies.
- Mr. Sarjeant began his career with Echo Bay Mines Ltd. as a project geologist working on projects in the NWT, Archean greenstone belts, Lupin Mine peripheral project, and skarn properties in BC and Ecuador.
- He was appointed Senior Geologist, International Exploration Group, responsible for project evaluation outside of North America, including precious and base metals projects in South America, East Africa, South East Asia, Russia, Mongolia, Australia, New Zealand and Europe.
Mitchell Smith, President & CEO, said:
“Combined with the recent appointments of our Partners, we believe today’s announcement underscores the deliberate steps we are taking to build a premier company in the battery metals space. This group brings significant relevant experience to the company that we believe will drive an expertly managed team that will be aligned with shareholder interests and entirely focused on the success of this newly formed company."
To achieve its goal of becoming the go-to mineral bank for battery metals such as cobalt, lithium and graphite, Global Energy will rely on the strong and dynamic leadership and commitment of the Board, Partners and Team willing to work together to accomplish its corporate vision.
Global Energy Metals Corporation:
Global Energy Metals is an aggregator of cobalt, lithium, graphite and other battery metals projects, creating an asset bank to ultimately supply market demand for the growing rechargeable battery market. The Company is a pre-IPO reporting issuer that anticipates growing its business by acquiring project stakes in battery metals related projects with key strategic partners.
For Further Information:
President & CEO
#1501-128 West Pender Street
Vancouver, BC, V6B 1R8
t. + 1 (604) 688-4219
Cautionary Statement on Forward-Looking Information:
Certain information in this release may constitute forward-looking statements under applicable securities laws and necessarily involve risks associated with regulatory approvals and timelines. Although Global Energy Metals believes the expectations expressed in such forward-looking statements are based on reasonable assumptions, such statements are not guarantees of future performance and actual results or developments may differ materially from those in the forward-looking statements. For more information on Global Energy and the risks and challenges of their businesses, investors should review the Circular and their annual filings that are available at http://www.sedar.com/.
Neither the TSX Venture Exchange nor its Regulation Services Provider (as that term is defined in the policies of the TSX Venture Exchange) accepts responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this news release.
We seek safe harbour.