President & CEO, Director
- Prior to being appointed President & CEO of Global Energy Metals, Mr. Smith held increasingly senior capital market positions through his involvement with various mining groups including Global Cobalt Corp, International Barytex Resources and Petaquilla Copper Ltd.
- Accomplished executive and business development professional with deep experience and proven success developing and executing on corporate strategies, marketing relationships and maximizing business opportunities for long-term engagement and strategic relationships.
- Profound understanding of the natural resources sector, capital markets and current market trends.
- Early adopter and thought leader in the battery space recognizing the proliferation and mainstream appetite for handheld smart devices, mobiles phones and EVs and the critical role the metals associated with the market play.
- Negotiated and structured off-take agreements for cobalt material and built relationships with Chinese battery manufacturer intermediaries and facilitated commerce by arranging joint ventures, marketing and engineering and procurement construction contracts.
- Mr. Smith is also a director of TSXV listed Sceptre Ventures (SVP) and NEX listed Panther Metals (Palm).